Act On Anti-Bullying
- This anti-bullying drama workshop raises awareness of bullying and its effects, by exploring how bullying makes us feel and how we can deal with it by developing assertiveness and coping strategies.The pupils watch a short scene showing bullying which explores the roles of bully, target and bystander. Using forum theatre techniques pupils explore what was happening in the scene. The pupils eventually take over the scenario for themselves to try out strategies.We explore:· Why are people bullied?· Who bullying effects.
· The emotional impact of bullying.
· Where to get help.
Maximum number of pupils per workshop: Two classes (Approx. 60 pupils) per workshop
Number of workshops per day: Four
Length of workshop: KS1 – 30 minutes / KS2 – 45 minutes
Space needed: Requires the use of a school hall or gymnasium.
Prices (Inclusive of VAT):
- Half Day (Two workshops): £300
- Full Day (Four workshops): £550
- Two days (Eight workshops): £650
Option two: Play in One Day
Rehearsing all day with our professional director your class act on creating a 15-minute play, sharing the learning with other classes and/or parents in a performance at the end of the school day. Each pupil has a speaking part as a character or narrator and all participants will be actively involved using inventive theatre techniques such as choral speech, stylised movement and mime. Can be used as an exciting introduction to the topic, to bring the learning to life during the topic or as a fun filled conclusion. For more details see our Play in One Day FAQ’s.
Powerful (Anti-bullying) – Ash accidentally creates a potion that gives him special powers. This play explores bullying, the emotional impact, individual and collective strengths and weakness and how and where to get help.
Escape Cyberspace – Sam enters a great new place to learn new facts, play games and hang out with friends – Cyberspace! But is it safe? What happens when the Cyberbully enters? This plays explores internet safety and cyberbullying.
Healthy Eating – The Pickle twins are mortified! Mum is singing, dad is dancing and grandparents are getting it all wrong on TV programme Bun Fight! Learn all about different food groups, eating a balanced diet and why grandma shouldn’t breakdance in public!
Street Smart (Road Safety)– Late for school, bike helmets messing up your hair and dad shouting in the car- who has time for Road Safety!? Explore crossings, pedestrian and roadside conduct, independent travel and in-vehicle behaviour.
Transition – Pupils explore the exciting journey they will take through school, the transition to high school, the prospect of further education and the different careers that are on offer for the end of their education.
Number of pupils per play: Maximum of 35
Length of workshop: Full school day
What we provide: One professional director and an original script, music, props and costumes, resource pack to follow up the work
Space needed: School hall or large uncluttered room
One day: £320
Two days: £550
Three days: £650
Please ask us for a quote if you would like to book more than three days or would like to block book throughout the year.
If the topic you are covering is not listed here, given four weeks notice, we can prepare a bespoke workshop or play for you.