At our after school drama clubs pupils play drama games, improvise, devise scenes or rehearse from scripted material written by them or someone else as well as develop their voice, acting and stagecraft skills.
A drama club empowers your pupils to develop self-confidence, a creative imagination, empathy and maturity in interpersonal skills as well as having fun and unwinding after school.
How do the clubs work?
- The clubs run one afternoon per week between 3.30 – 5.30pm.
- The minimum number of children is 12, the maximum is 24.
- If the parents are paying for the club it is £30 per child for six sessions.
- If the school is funding the club the cost is £600.
- You can decide on the theme of the club -it can be a developing theme over the six sessions, or focus on a different theme each week. We usually do a sharing for parents/carers at the end of the six sessions.
What do we need to do?
- Choose whether you would like the club to be accessible for the whole school or specific year groups.
- Pick your preferred day for the club to take place
- Provide a hall or large accessible room for the drama club to take place.
What do you provide?
- A letter home to parents along with a booking form which can be returned with payment.
- Experienced creative leaders with drama / dance and music skills, all of whom are DBS checked.
- A rewarding and creative experience for the pupils taking part.
Interested in us running a drama club in your school?
Please contact Alison on 0333 772 0795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.